26 Jul Tricky Trend – 5 Ways to Wear Culottes
Love them or loathe them culottes don’t seem to be going anywhere. With a look ahead to Spring 2015 we can see an uprising.
For those of you with unpleasant memories of our school years spent in bright floral and tartan prints, fear not, this years take on the culottes is more minimal than messy.
Hear are some rules to help keep your culottes cool.
1. Avoid prints. With all that fabric involved, a print can turn culottes into a busy unflattering mess. Stick to solid colours.
2. If you’re not keen on full is-it-a-skirt-or-is-it-a-pant style, start with a slim, tailored cut that skims out to a slight flare below the knee instead.
3. Show a flash of skin by wearing them with bear legs and ankle boots (great for the crossover, not yet warm enough to rock them with a sandal) or heal to work. Wear culottes with flats or a sneaker at the weekend for a more dressed down look.
4. Whilst some of the starts are rolling with the tight and culottes look, stick to bare legs and don’t team them with a long boot. Not such a good look.
5. Culottes work in both light and heavy fabrics. The key is balance. Wear a floaty silk pair with a winter coat or match a heavy denim pair with a fine knit T-shirt of a chiffon blouse.
So go on, challenge yourself. Culottes can be a fantastic addition to your wardrobe. Something a little different and when warn well, rock.